View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 03:09 AM   #11
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Liked 33 Times in 16 Posts
Default Re: El Camino roll bar

Thanks so much for the input guys. I read some of the comments tonight while at work on a ipad. This roll bar thing has worried me to death thinking about it...so much so I drove out to the shop after work to do some more measuring.

Unless my eyes, yardstick, cardboard tubing and plumb bob are lying to me I may have just figured this thing out. I sat in the seat and figured out the top of the hoop would be just behind the back of my head. I believe running the rear down tubes off the sides of the hoop within 5" of the top I can actually get them just below the bed floor and into the frame!

I have been talking with a fabricator with a local rock buggy shop who does excellent work, but he has put me off two times now with a quote. I'm beginning to have reservations about him now as I don't think he has had much experience with door cars. My gut tells me he wants to slap it in his way. I may just wait until Marty Gunt gets back from vacation and let him do it...he has a ton of experience with this stuff and I know it will be right.