View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 03:31 PM   #33
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: Prayers for Danny Durham

Thank you all,, for the kind words, well wishes and prayers,,, it is much appreciated. Thank you Ron, also for getting the word out, and for stopping by with all the memorabilia and photos, it was fun going through it.
What amazes me about this whole adventure I'm now on, is how quickly I went from being a walking, talking, working and functioning member of society, to basically bedridden in about 48 hours! I got up to go to work on a Thursday morning and my left leg was blown up like a tree stump, so I went to my Dr. to get it checked out, and he sent me directly to the hospital across the street. There they found the suspected blood clot, just above my left thigh, below the intersection of arteries and veins in the pelvic area. I went through 4 procedures where tubes and lines are inserted behind the kneecaps to address the clots, one of which a Dr. said was the biggest he'd ever seen on someone still alive! After a couple days of treatment, I awoke on a Sunday with a lot of pain and now a blown up right leg, which told me the clot had moved north above that intersection and had shut down my right side also.
A CT Scan was ordered on my upper body and that was when a mass showed up around my right kidney, a portion of my liver and my lower lung,, ball game changed!
I had surgery that following Tuesday, and more cancer was found than was apparent before,, with too much inflammation and scarring around the organs to continue.
So, I was closed back up and came home after a month, and we're attacking this monster through other means. I've had 3 treatments so far, am feeling well and getting around, with a walker, slowly, since we still are fighting clots and the swelling
below my waist. I'm certainly going to fight this all the way through,, and yes, I'm hoping to get back behind the wheel sometime this season. My son continued with the upgrades we'd started on my Nova last fall, before all this happened and its nearly done. I thank him for his hard work and what hes done,, I just wish I could've been there with him as originally planned.
I hope to get out there and see many of my classracer.com friends this year, whether in the stands, the staging lanes or perhaps across the water box,, I look forward to it.
Thanks again so much for your prayers and kindness.........
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote