View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 08:15 PM   #17
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,053 Times in 278 Posts
Default Re: Best lifter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james schaechter View Post
We have been using the trend limited travel tool steel lifters that we get from Alan Roerich. We then send them to dynacron to get treated. We run 200 seat and over 400 open on nitrided cast cams with hundreds of runs. No issues.

I thought I got you guys a set or two of solids as well. Not sure if that is correct, or where they went, maybe in the 396 in the Corvette.

By the way, if anyone is concerned about oil flow to the top being too much, they have a pushrod cup with a 0.014" orifice. They can probably be added when ordering at a low or no cost upgrade.

Several DLC coating applicators say they do not like the Driven oil, and will not offer support to those using it. I do not know the story behind that, other than a few years ago, there were some lifters that the coating came off of in NASCAR engines. The Cup guys use less spring pressure than most Stock Eliminator guys use. No DLC coating applicator I know of will suggest or support their coating applied to a lifter being run on a cast iron cam core. I have had some tell me to coat the cast iron cam and the lifter, but I have not tried it, nor do I intend to.