Thread: Event entry
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 04:06 PM   #25
Adub464Q

Liked 372 Times in 73 Posts
Default Re: Event entry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Hour and 15 minutes and counting with a lot of that is filling out tech card. NHRA fix this, most racers do not change cars or class from race to race, so why can’t we have a more streamlined process. Hint swallow you pride and be customer oriented. Just a few thoughts from an old racer
Larry....I know where you are coming from. It can be improved, absolutely. I know that there is not a dedicated resource to this program from the IT dept from NHRA, the head of sportsman racing has to program this themselves in what little spare time there is. That however is not an excuse, I can see how this program can be frustrating for some. There is an initiative in place to have a "profile" stored that will auto fill in your information for the tech card. You will simply have to select an event from a drop down to enter the tech card. This will remove some time for sure.

I, for one, work on a computer daily and I am very efficient. I have my total process for 2 entries, waivers for 3 people down to about 15 total minutes. Again, I am very familiar with the computer system and how everything works.

Also, I prefer the online entry (minus the service fee but thats a different conversation) and tech card entry. For years, I have arrived at national events on day of qualifying and had to rush to get teched in and sign forms at the credential trailer line (oh....we forgot that NHRA alleviated one of the issues everyone used to cry about). The online entry and tech cards help with all of that process.

There are some good things about some of these processes, at least in my eyes but sure there is definitely room for improvement. And guess what, I am always in contact with my NHRA folks to tell them what they can improve from the racers side, either over the phone or in person.
Adub464Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked