View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 10:43 AM   #19
carl hinkson

Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: no oil at roller rockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhramnl View Post
Carl - Let me help you with a couple of things. First, I assume you do some kind of engine work for a living (or at least, as a sideline). If that is so, you should really learn that when a customer or fellow enthusiast tries to help others, but provides incorrect information, you gain absolutely nothing by being an asshole. Second, the information I posted was given to me by a noted (your would recognize his name instantly) race engine builder, so in addition to being so proud that you were able to correct John Lingenfelter (who was also apparently wrong about what happens when the plug is removed and not replaced), you could add this prestigious name to the list... that is, if like you, I was enough of a jerk to embarrass him publicly. And finally, if the plug being left out has absolutely no effect on the life of cam bearings, what do you suppose the engine builder to which I refer ACTUALLY did to eliminate the repeat bearing failure problem? He admitted that he discovered that the plug had been removed and not reinstalled, apologized for the error, and reassembled and dyno'ed the engine at no cost. And I never experienced a cam bearing failure again. So, if you can avoid telling me what an idiot I am, maybe you can help me understand what actually happened. Thanks.
I never said you were an idiot if I did could you please quote that statement as I am not seeing it !!!!!! If I did I will apologize !!!!

I don't do this as a side line I build racing engines for a living for 40 plus years and a complete machine shop including a HAAS 4-axis CNC machining center. Over the years I have had alot of Championship engines and engines that have set National and World records.

MAY I ASK WHAT YOU DO FOR A LIVING ?????????????????????

As far as assholes go you may want to look in the mirror LOL. I am not the one who posted bogus info here it was you LOL

Once again if you know how the GM oil system works you would realize you don't have a clue what your talking about. Leaving the plug out from under the will just cause unfiltered oil to go through the engine. There is no restriction at all.

I will say GM OEM blocks do have issues with cam tunnels I see it all the time there is a reason GM line bores the cam tunnel with cam bearings in place to make up for there mistakes.

Other issues I have seen is guys will use stock cam bearings where a performance cam bearing should be and most guys don't know the difference.

Don't believe all you hear and read !!! Here is a quote from Mike Lewis and a great guy!!

Quote:
And a great thought it is, been down this road a few times myself :lol:
No disrespect to the late great John Lingenfelter but to me this is another one of those things conjured up without thinking about what is going on & stuck in a book or magazine,,
It gets repeated a zillion time by other magazines, the internet, even GM I believe,,, & becomes "fact"
The only fact about it in my mind is the fact that folks need to stop & think about the information they share before repeating it
There is a fairly high probability some of it could be in error :wink:

Fact
If you leave this plug out you no longer have a filter you have a reservoir of oil under pressure off to the side that once full does nothing

Just my thought for the day :-k
Again know what you talking about and know how engines work so you don't give out bogus information is what I was getting at. Then you started name calling because I found you wrong. LOL Very interesting
carl hinkson is offline   Reply With Quote