View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #7
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr
Default Re: 2 S/SS races Nov 1-2, Hagerstown MD, $2,000 or more to w

Some more information:

Track radio station: 89.9 FM

If any racers want to be there Saturday, but not test or race, it's $10 spectator fee. Parking is 24/7 and will be open throughout the week (we had several racers arrive Thursday last year). Pit parking is open, very few, if any, reserved spots so you may park anywhere, on either side. Tech is done on the right-side/west side of the track, in the second row of pits; you will see the little building with Tech on it. The main staging lanes are also on the right-side of the track.

Bye runs DO NOT have to be made (no taking the Tree, breaking the beam, etc). You may return to the pits and wait for next round; if it's late in the rounds, you may sit in the lanes and wait for the next round. You may bring all needed things to the lanes (water, fuel, generator, battery charger, etc). This rule came about for the TSSSSA about ten years ago, while at H-town. They were down to three cars in Super Pro. The first pair ran, and there was smoke on the top end. They shut the bye-run car off in the water to check out the track. After a few minutes, they gave the all-clear to resume racing. The bye car would not start, so he lost on the bye to the final. I thought it was silly to lose on a bye run, so the rule was changed for the following year for our series that a bye run car did not have to take the tree/break the beam to be a round winner.

Saturday night Racer Dinner: The name of the place is Hard Times Café. It's right across from the Crazy Horse that we have gone to many times in the past (it closed last year around Christmas). I can give more specific directions at the track on Saturday for those interested. Also, at dinner, we will be doing a Live From for WheelzUp Radio. I believe dinner will be at 7 pm or so, and the radio show will begin around the same time.

Payouts will be at the timeslip booth both days. The timeslip booth at H-town is on the return road, back near the starting line. Mom and/or Dad will be there. The finalists are cordially invited for winners circle pictures (and payouts) both days. The winners circle is behind the water box, where you turn out of the lanes to go to the waterbox.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote