View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 04:37 PM   #43
ALMACK
VIP Member

Liked 324 Times in 116 Posts
Default Re: Fox and SN95 Mustang rear control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOverFist View Post
Yeah, I kept looking at those lowers and it appeared to me a better possible angle vs all the rest. Only downside I see is they are likely heavier pieces than any other...weight in the right spot anyway.

Edit: I said Southside Machine, but these are actually UMI, a copy of the same. http://www.ebay.com/itm/360192700262?item=360192700262&viewitem=&sspagenam e=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr Guessing those plates on the sides are for an optional sway bar mount?
I think Southside's patent expired and Lakewood and others are free to make those "Southside" style LCAs now. At least that was my understanding.
They are 100 % bolt on, but you have to drill a hole into the side of the LCA brackets that are welded on the factory rear end housing in order to place a 3/8 " bolt.

I have used original Southside brand LCAs for years on my T-Birds with the factory 87-88 Turbo Coupe sway bar.
The pic attached is my Gray Bird with Moroso drag springs in the front and Southside lowers with dual air bags.
I set the pinion down 3 deg. before I drilled that one hole I mentioned above. Then I used adjustable uppers to dial in the hook.
Unlike other cars that "squat" in the rear on launch, those bars help lift the rear and plant the tires.

Last edited by ALMACK; 10-24-2014 at 04:41 PM.
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote