View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 06:14 PM   #11
Terry Knott

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: anybody live from cauyga?

Some thoughts and ramblings from the John Scotti stock/super stock combo race at Cayuga. The free test and tune on Friday was a nice bonus. One could of easily put 10-15 runs on their car. Friday's race had 88 cars. I would quess there were 10-15 IHRA crate motor/pure stock entry's.First round was random pairing.We were then laddered based on how far you were under the index for your first round win. There was no fuel check unless there was to be a heads up run. We were weighed for the first three rounds. A free case of oil was given to alI the second round losers. I lost 5th round to eventual winner Chuck Nagy who beat Stillings in the final.
Not sure how many cars were there Sunday,but there were some new entries. Worner had the bye into the finals,on the other side Fletcher took out Morehead.The finals saw Fletcher winning after Worner went red.
Everyone I talked to enjoyed the race and John Scotti and his crew were very accommodating. They had a free cookout for the racers and crew on Saturday.Wally Clark and his crew rented two of the tower suites for the racers,crews , friends and family's. Air conditioned comfort stocked with sodas and snacks,it sure was nice to have that available.
$5,000 paid in cash to win each day,no waiting and fighting for contingency check,seems like a great deal to me....ask Fletcher and Nagy what they thought!!!
If you missed it and bitch about payouts then shame on you,quit your complaining.

A special thanks to Dan Beleny who loaned us a truck for a few days and took us out for dinner. We had a great time and will definitely return next year.
Terry and Barbara
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	227
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	34917  
Terry Knott is offline   Reply With Quote