View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #17
BILL TAYLOR

Liked 186 Times in 57 Posts
Default Re: Anyone have a shift finger for Jerico?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fazio View Post
Hi Bill, sorry to hear. No that is not what happens with mine, it shears the piece that the shift arm is bolted to so the actual shift rod falls down and drags on the ground, the shifter then just floats back and forth in the 3-4 gate and nothing can happen because the rod is no longer attached to the trans anymore. Your issue sounds like the clutch could be getting hot in the late rounds causing it to be tougher to shift out of third. Or the rod was bound under heavy load, that used to happen with my old trans and on the return road would be fine. It would happen in later rounds when the clutch was gripping hard.
Bobby, Thanks for your response. I didn't realize that part (I would call it the 3-4 shift fork) was breaking completely off. I assumed that it was doing something stupid inside like cracking which could be intermittant. I guess I'll have to pull it apart and look. Nothing worse than something that's only half broke. Can't really see how the clutch could cause this problem but anything is possible. Anybody got any ideas? When I find the problem I'll let you know. Bill Taylor Stk 1005.
BILL TAYLOR is offline   Reply With Quote