View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 09:39 AM   #6
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 985 Times in 300 Posts
Default Re: Northeast Division Director

I can say Dave was very seen around the pits at Atco this past weekend after the announcement was made. We spoke a few times and he basically said it was time. He mentioned that Jodi sacrificed so much over 27 years of him being with NHRA and being on the road when they could have been on vacation. He missed a lot of his kids growing up and was ready to enjoy life more. I think some of us tend to forget that even though we have 7-8 D1 races a year the job is way more than that. It's countless times going to NHRA Nationals in other Divisions, working on the D1 Open Schedule up in Toronto, Miramachi when some of us are on a family vacation and working on trying to keep tracks open / getting them to come to the NHRA brand. Dave has done a good job being dealt with alot (Pandemic, EV) and from what he said he wasn't forced out, he just said it was time to enjoy his life at 55. I'm sure he will still be seen around the racetrack for visits. We wish him all the best!

As far as a replacement, I'm not sure who it might be. As someone said above, it's a thankless job so it will be interesting to say the least in the next few months but, I'm sure even if one isn't named, I think the guys who have worked under Dave could hold down the fort till someone is announced.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked