View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 10:06 AM   #6
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: Class C with Trailer toad Towing limits

I can add that last year I made up the homemade lever type arrangement to measure the tongue weight on my trailer fully loaded. I came up with about 1100-1200lbs tongue weight.....

I also spent some time setting up my WD hitch exactly as the instructions say to do...…

It makes a difference......and I need to redo that once more come spring.

Trailer sits just a little low in front and hitch needs height changed and then redo the load bar adjustments.....

I've seen racers using Class C's with 28' or bigger trailers and door cars inside and some don't have sway control hitches....

My short wheelbase Class C has to have sway control....Its about the same wheelbase as my extended cab 8' bed GMC pickup.....but with more distance from axle to hitch pin.....My pickup never swayed with a Reese WD sway control hitch and a Lance Camper loaded on the pickup.

The Motorhome is much more sensitive to wind, trucks and road conditions.

The wheelbase to overall length of any Class C is a big part of how they tow...…

If I would have realized that fact I would have bought the slightly bigger Class C that is built by the same company mine is from.........The wheelbase is about 2' longer and the axle to hitch pin is about the same...….I am sure it handles better.....