View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 07:15 PM   #23
Angelo DiTocco

Liked 174 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: Beware of Summit Branded braided hose!!!

I have always used Earl's for my race car plumbing - and they have generally been very reliable.... I did have hoses spring leaks twice - both times it was fuel lines. Once # 10 main feed and the other a # 8 return line from the pump. Both lines were at least 10 years old maybe a few more than that. I have always run VP C-11 fuel in the class cars. Both times the leaks sprung after the car was stored for the winter. Anyway - does make me think its the fuels we use.
So here is an interesting observation - In the dragster I run C-14.... and here is what I noticed..... When I store C-11 in a VP fuel jug somehow it always leaks out the bottom... seeps through the seam where the two halves are joined.....stinks up the trailer etc...
I can put C-14 in that SAME jug.... leave it in the trailer in the heat for weeks and it doesn't leak or seep out. Figure that one out ! Anyone who wants to see it can come see me at the races.
So I'm guessing certain fuels are harder on the rubber and contribute to these premature failures.
Angelo DiTocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked