View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 03:41 AM   #50
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: TruSTART looks to level the playing field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160 View Post
"If there is a logical argument against this method, I'd love to hear it... . this one is long overdue"
I asked the same question on this forum for years (literally, until my multitudinous posts about it became irritating to some people, who, for some reason, didn't "get it"; are you listening Ed Fernandez and Ed Wright?) Never EVER got a satisfactory answer. Just insults and character-assassination verbiage...

Ed Fernandez said, "It will never happen," and Ed Wright backed him up, with never any reason why this change to a more-fair way of dealing with double redlights needed not to happen.
Now, Ed Wright has done a complete 180 and says, " I honestly can't see how anyone could really say it's wrong," and Ed Fernandez has, miraculously, nothing to say. Well, this plan by two semi-pro Stock Eliminator racers is EXACTLY what I beat to death on this BB for years, and was never able to convince more than a few people of its worth. Maybe I'm just a lousy communicator..

It's not a part of Stock or Super Stock racing, YET, but, I think it may well filter down to those Eliminators if it's successful in the brackets.The fact is, it's not just about slow cars/fast cars.... In the final round of an Eliminator, you could have an "A" car running a "B" car, and they both go red. That's not a likely scenario, but it COULD happen. The winner would be the driver with the least infraction, just like in a double breakout.

That's fair.

I am just glad someone with some "pull" got it done. It was a long-time coming, and I am sure it took a lot of effort on the part of Kyle Seipel and Peter Biondo to get it this far. I applaud their efforts!

Last edited by bill dedman; 02-07-2016 at 03:47 AM.
bill dedman is offline   Reply With Quote