View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 04:11 PM   #7
jmarkaudio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 1050 Dominator BS Filter Needed

The 8896 does not have a great calibration, not what I like to see for any app. As far as 2 or 3 circuit, it really depends on the type and setup of the stop. Most will run well with a 2 circuit, one I built for a friend running Super Street has 3 Wally's in the last 2 years and has made 2 years with it to the Jegs All-Stars.

As far as what 2 circuit works well on, if the car has an inline stop the 2 circuit will work well. If it's a plate under carb stop with only the primaries open most of the time a 2 circuit is fine. Where it gets tricky is if the primary plates get closed too far, big engine or RPM too low, or the plate is set to a 1 to 1 linkage the plates will not be opened much. In those instances getting enough air past the boosters can be an issue, and the amount of fuel delivered by the idle and transition circuits are minimal. This can run the engine on the ragged lean edge, not to hurt anything as the load on the engine at that point is low, but enough to make the car possibly surge on the stop or stumble coming off. A SMALL amount of intermediate fuel may be helpful in those instances. For a disc stop, I would suspect that because the airflow is in the center the boosters should have sufficient airflow that a 2 circuit would work just fine.
jmarkaudio is offline   Reply With Quote