View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 11:04 PM   #29
Casey Miles

Liked 445 Times in 83 Posts
Default Re: The State Of Sportsman Racing - Interesting Read

I think that it is great that some racers can afford spend over a 1/2 million dollars in race cars and rigs. It helps the American economy. I only have a problem that we are paying more money on entry fees and getting less for our money. NHRA is not policing the cars the way that they should, such as HP factoring, as well as tear downs. I pay for membership to NHRA and I loose the right to listen to races, who in NHRA came up with that? It's OK to a point, but entry fees have increased and the payouts are the same as they were in 1969, a joke to what my local track pays $40 entry to win $800. Maybe a 45 car field. So when NHRA collects $170 from 90 + cars and only pays $1000 to $1500 to win, that's almost legal robbery. I know that I don't have to participate so I don't other then National events I can get into.
I enjoy stock, it kills me to see the category be run by cubic dollars. It's no longer what you can achieve with your own knowledge, talents and skills. Buy it, go fast.
At PBIR they have a road race course and the price of road race cars is absurd. They race for trophies, maybe the racers who just want trophies should race there.
BTW, my permanent number is a Bracket Number.

Casey Miles
248H Stock
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote