View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 02:12 PM   #1
NHRA1926

Liked 161 Times in 51 Posts
Default Front coil springs

I'm replacing my Moroso trick front coil springs that have been in my car for WAY too many years. Looking for some recommendations on picking the correct springs or determining spring rates. I'm trying to purchase the correct spring the first time, and don't want to cut them if possible to get the correct ride height. 1967 Camaro RS, all steel factory body, full interior with fold down rear seat, (80 lbs!) steel headed big block, turbo 400, steel roll bar, (not chrome molly) I have my car's four corner weight. Car weighs 3,566 lbs without the driver. It's approximately 2,020 pounds on the front end. I've been told to install springs from 180 lbs to 250 lbs. That's a huge difference when it comes to spring rates. The Moroso springs I removed have a light blue spray painted line down the entire spring. Does any one know where I can find which spring rate goes with that color code? With these Moroso springs, the car was sitting directly on the lower control arm rubber bumpers at ride height. This is obviously WAY too low, as the car bottoms out VERY hard after wheel standing. Asking you Stock and Super Stock guys what you use in a steel headed big block Camaro with a turbo 400. I know the car is heavier than most others in these classes. Thanks for any thoughts.
NHRA1926 is offline   Reply With Quote