View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #753
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,550 Times in 430 Posts
Default Re: worst red light debate, again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Miles View Post
Ed, I'm not an unhappy person about the 1st red light, I just look at it that programming can be changed since it couldn't be when they first came up with the xmas tree as a starting device. It's progress, same as the new factory cars in Stock Eliminator.

Casey Miles
248H "F" NHRA Stock
Good point Casey lol. Ed, actually my friend/teammate Jamie Schoenly GT/KA was -.012 to his opponent's SS/GA -.040 red this weekend at the D1 LODRS so Jamie got the loss. However, I can still accept the fact that his red could have potentially distracted the faster car and caused him to go red also. If the rule was changed the other driver would not have seen the red because the tree divider would extend all the way down. This also gets rid of the whole "why should I stay on my two-step.." because you would never know the other guy red lit until you left the line.

I know this scenario does not affect us but think about a crosstalk race where both drivers leave off the same bulb, why on earth would this not be worst red light? Did the slow car's red distract the fast car's delay box? Faster drivers actually set up a little more conservative on the delay box to take advantage of this.