View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
Bob Alberty Jr.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 1150 dominator Questions

I currently have the 1150 off of my motor going through it,and have some questions,as all my experiance comes from mechanical fuel injection.

Sometime during this carb's life the throttle plates have been drilled with a .125 drill bit,(all 4 blades,side closest to each 's respective metering block) the secondary side has since been plugged with a small bolt and nut.
What does drilling the blades acomplish,or what is it a quick fix for that could have been taken care of in some other fashion?
The carb,from what I can find online came from the factory with 95 jets squared,no powervalves.I ended up the end of last year with a 4.5 powervalve in the primary side with 88 jets (i do run a vacuume guage in the car,at idle it makes 5 inches of vac,in gear.),and 98's in the secondary side with no powervalve,trying to clean the idle up.
It's soaking in mineral spirits overnight,but can anyone shed any light on things I need to look for when I begain reassembling it tommorrow?

Also,someone has drilled and tapped an 1/8th inch pipe plug behind the powervalve well,into the area that the linkage resides,but has no plugs in it.This area should be sealed by the gaskets shouldnt it?Why the holes,and no plugs?

WHat a great site.
Thanks for your time.
Bob
Bob Alberty Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote