View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 12:55 PM   #14
sst7250

Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
Default Re: Do these stop numbers sound right?

I am surprised you are loosing that much MPH then. Was just curious I know most of the S/G built deals don't usually ET well off the stop but have good MPH. I would think running 8.30/40 you should be running mid 160's all out. I lost a TON of speed with mine but the car was also capable of going 3 seconds under the index. Also I would think you would be on the stop longer to kill 1.5ish seconds.

My only advice is this. Kill it as soon as you can as hard as you can. Get it on the stop as soon as you possibly can to be able to hit the tree. Shift it on time as soon as possible, use the shift time to get to an "ideal" 60' time. Id be looking to keep shift to .5-.75. Stop RPM between 4-4400 seems to be where everyone wants to be. IMO it is combination dependent to be repeatable. Your converter will be your friend here and make take some tweaking to make it happy and as fast as can be. If its to tight it will come off the stop and just lay there for to long costing MPH. MPH is the name of the game, try to get all you can out of your combo. Of course while being repeatable and predictable. Give it time you will find a sweet spot
sst7250 is offline   Reply With Quote