View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 10:10 AM   #25
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,502 Times in 428 Posts
Default Re: Some Englishtown observations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSG1198 View Post
Yes, Pete the heat was a huge factor for some people not coming out because for most people spending a day the beach or by the pool is better then being at the asphalt beach that we race at. Now don't get me wrong but, Dave & his crew do a great job at running an event and I'm not knocking them at all. They have been pretty short staffed this year but, still find ways around getting all the cars teched and down the track in a safe environment one way or another. It's just you have a younger group that have marketing degrees and run business or work in that field (Myself, Brittany Boltz, Etc) that can help out in anyway possible to make this sport better. I don't want anything in return for giving my ideas as to how to get butts in the seats but, we need to do something. The racers are there and that's not a problem - 500+ at MG, 500 at E-town, 480+ at Atco.

Yes, .90 racing is confusing to anyone who has never seen it in person but, as I've said it before the Top end is the place to watch .90 racing. I watched 1st round of Super Gas from the bar tower they have at the finish line at E-town. Want to talk about races separated by inches and a flat out chess match going on, that's the place to go. Unfortunately, we as racers let .90 racing get out of hand with speed and technology that it's boring for the average fan or other racers because we've become a society that if you can't explain it in less then 5 minutes or find it on Google it's too confusing to people and they give up. Like I tell people who come over to look at our car and ask about T/S Racing and I explain it all the way down to the last nut & bolt and they half way understand it but, those people are few and far between.
Now that you mention it, why is that bar tower never open?