View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 10:52 PM   #117
BigBlockBill

Liked 97 Times in 31 Posts
Default Re: Not for Nuthin' But Close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Well, I guess that depends on what you consider progress. I'm pretty sure that we are done racing for the year. I've taken the cooling system apart to try and understand it so that I can come up with a way to cool it with some kind of an electric pump. A header is in the works. I have access to a trans with the best final drive ratio and I'll probably take the converter too. I haven't been able to find out much on converters yet but I haven't spent a lot of time looking. I'm sure that certain models will have different stall speeds based on weights and gear ratios. The engine has 120K miles on it and it is blowing a good amount of oil smoke and I'm being "pressured" to re-build or replace it (in my spare time).
I can't say enough how thankful I am for Doug Hoven taking some time to "play" with this project. Without him, I would be totally lost.
It would be awfully nice to see a hard-core Mopar Racer step up (in his spare time) and build a 2.0 Neon just to see how it's done. Same way, junkyard refugee, see what it'll do (the Cavalier will kick it's butt!).
It would also be nice to see someone get some later-model FFFords in the guide so that it could be seen how they would stack up.
For what it's worth........you can find a wealth of knowledge on the 2.0 Neons at some of the small paved oval tracks that run a fwd class. They were all the rage several years ago when I was helping a friend get back and forth to the track until the judge saw fit to reinstate his drivers license.
BigBlockBill is offline   Reply With Quote