Old 08-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #9
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Default Re: Salt Lake City x 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
do you mean going through Page? Or Chinle? Or Keyenta?
I'll agree with Mark that the east ways are more scenic, but after taking a look at bing driving directions from Tempe to Rocky Mountain Raceway, I'll be glad I took the west ('Vegas) way the last time I went to RMR, and especially including the new Loop 303 as an added time saver! To Wit from Tempe:

1. The Page/Flagstaff way was the shortest in miles 675, but still would take 9hrs and 22mins. Only good for full-size trucks with large engines, or rigs.

2. Kayenta was 716 miles or 10hrs and 19mins. Scenic? probably, but a long haul miles and time wise.

3. Chinle was one mile longer than Kayenta at 717, but also went to 11hrs and 10 mins.

4. Going the 'Vegas way would have the most miles of all four of them at 731, however it only takes 9hrs and 39 minutes, and is probably the easiest tow of all.

Coming from the Phoenix area, Option #4 would get my vote, because there are fewer small towns to go through, and faster speed limits, and more options for fuel/restaurant stops, plus assistance (if needed), not to mention rest areas....my .02 worth, and my 5cyl truck will be happier too not having to work as hard as it might going those other ways!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote