View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 10:44 PM   #2
Dewdlebug

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Nhra national event arizona

I would agree with you that Firebird is a great place to race. And unlike other parts of the country, you can generally count on the weather being dry. Maybe not always warm in Feb.. In fact, a few years back, it was snowing on us between Tucson and the track.
As far as racers signing up, I might offer that the entry list will fill up. There are lots of racers who like to wait till the weekend before to enter, when possible. I have no problem with that. It gives you a "last chance" to check out the forecast before you drive 1000 mi.. Another reason racers wait, in my opinion, is to save their money (ie, your money can make money for you till you give it to someone else).
As far as sticking around for the points races, it's a great deal for D7 racers, however it may be a little early for adding a OD race to your total.
But who knows, you know what they say...when it's your day...
In my case, with only 7 Nat.Events that run S/ST, it sucks when other divisions schedule their divisional on top of a National, least ways when it's an adjoining div . Just saying.
Dewdlebug is offline   Reply With Quote