View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 10:28 PM   #17
Bench Racer

Liked 99 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: Car Craft demise?

SS&DI was king! I started getting it around 1982 and I used to tear out the "good" articles about the six and eight cylinder Modified Production cars, the Super Stock and Stock heavy hitters cars and staple them and put them in a folder. I was sad when it went belly up. A few years ago my girls were doing a "spring" cleaning and tossed my SS&DI folder with at least 3/4 of an inch of irreplaceable wisdom. The folder also included the Super Chevy article about my Brothers 58 Chevy Yeoman wagon. It was an ugly duckling that drew attention every where we went in the south. It was an IHRA Production Super Stock record holder when he bought it and was when he sold it .After I realized all my good stuff was gone I was depressed for a week. The "real" Hot Rod magazines are gone that done tests with cam swaps, intake manifold swaps, header swaps, ect.. The good magazines done stories on Modified Production cars, Super Stock and Stock Eliminator cars as well as the previously mentioned articles. They also taught what made horse power and what didn't. The junk in print now promotes chrome, twin turbos, spoilers, Bimbo's and rice rockets. There is very little left in the current printed automotive media that appeals to me. This is sad, I doubt I am the only car nut that feels this way.
Bench Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked