View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 08:06 PM   #6
Stephen Hughes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dallas or Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen Gary View Post
I have friends and family that are going to houston. Hotel rooms booked and they are going to watch me and the pros. They arnt gonna come to Dallas. I wouldn't be happy if they wanted to race it in Dallas. Why am I gonna pay $310 to race in front of nobody? My sponsor wouldn't like that very much and I assume the contingency Sponsors wouldn't either. How about he pour some blacktop road down the back so we don't have to be in the mud? doesn't he own a paving company? The weather looks good from here on out. How long have we been paying entry fees and he hasn't done anything for our pits? I'll answer that, over 20 years. It's a dirt road. People who are coming to watch us have money invested in this already. Not everyone has a motorhome. They rented hotels already. People bought tickets already expecting their friends to be there. And now you want me to pay $310 and I can't even watch the pros?
What he said ^^^. I don't run a lot of these, i'm just a backyard nhra racer, but i'm willing to pay that entry fee to race and watch the travelling circus once a year. Hrp's pit area is a joke for the sportsman guys, but it just shows who they are worried about when they dont do anything about it. They have added some drainage to the spectator parking lot though...gee thanks..
Stephen Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote