View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #9
rick lester

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Bracket Racing Street Car

First, welcome my friend to the world of bracket racing. It is great to know that you, a 16 year old is starting. Now that the "nice" is out of the way, you are going to get your ***** handed to you until you learn the art of bracket racing. Don't get discouraged, the guys you're going up against in Mod/Footbrake/Non-Electronics have years of experience and I bet if you ask them, they will tell you about there early years of losing first round.
Make sure the car is consistent, don't try to make it faster between rounds, if the car runs dead on during time runs, for Gods sake, don't touch it!
Get comfortable in your car, know where the tree is at, stage the same each time. Hit Test and Tune nights, hit the tree hard, red lights on T&T doesn't send you home early, it means you are "finding" your spot on the tree with your car. Make sure tire pressure is set right on each run, T&T is perfect for testing tire pressure for reaction times.
If you lose first round, don't go home, watch the next round, watch all the rounds, watch what the other drivers do. Some will have there "tricks", some will play games, some will race you straight up, some like to stage last, some will be better in certain lanes, the more you know these tricks, the better a bracket racer you will be......but first you need to learn the basics of bracket racing, THEN you can learn the games.
Have FUN, learn, listen, don't be cocky just yet, my 4th race as a newbie I runnered-up, next 2 months I couldn't get past the second round to save my life.
rick lester is offline   Reply With Quote