View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 09:37 PM   #15
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Merge collectors

Mine is very responsive to timing changes, likes to run richer than some others. I talked to Jere Stahl quite a while, twice when I ordered mine. Always used his stuff on my old "Jr Stockers". Tried to order a set from him when I make it a race car. At that time they had no jig for the LT1 Camaro/Firebird. Whoever I talked to then told me they could build a set for me if I wanted to bring my car there. York, PA is a long drive from Oklahoma. Talking to Bobby Warren a couple years later, I learned he had taken his there to have a set built, so they now had a jig.
Jere had me fax him my dyno data (both steped & straight 1 7/8" headers) and engine specs. I told him I had tried my friend's merge collectors at the track, and what I found.
Jere told me he saw no way it would like the 1 3/4" to 1 7/8" steps, he said the non-step 1 7/8" should be right, and it MAY like 1 7/8" to 2" steps. He didn't see it liking merge collectors, either.
I tried backing the ex lash off with both styles collectors, didn't like it. I have not tried less than 4 degree int/ex duration split @.050". Less than 3 at .200" lift. Tried wider lobe centers, even with more gear. Dyno liked it, short times suffered. Back half about the same. May need a 7" converter with that cam? Don't know. The normal cam did not like one at all.

Last edited by Ed Wright; 10-03-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Ed Wright is offline   Reply With Quote