View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 10:03 PM   #15
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Why Class racing dies slowly

One of the hard parts of this thread is most think that the dial in eliminator is what I am talking about when I say Class Racing. That is NOT true. We can all protect the eliminator Points meet format but it is NOT class Racing. Class is heads up two at a time drag racing. Initially with limited combinations it was fairly close competition. Then with time and poorly factored combinations it became harder for the tech which placed motors and bodies in the rule book at the same "factoring" as last years cars.
I think that new cars are a benefit. I admire those who research the books and find a combination overlooked by factoring but when many cars are no longer present to run classes because the owners moved on to weaker factors or quit due to expense to rebuild -----------(fill in your reasons). That's what I refer to as class racing which slowly dies. The expansion of class choices including FWD, SS/ABC mod cars etc is great for the inclusion of more paying customers but dilutes the heads up component even at Class events.
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote