View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 11:59 AM   #20
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Why Class racing dies slowly

Thanks Travis for the report. I appreciate your comments and always your friendship and fairness to all the racers.
My disagreement with your thoughts is exactly your comment on moving the New cars "so there would be fewer Heads up runs" ( at points meets and eliminator)
Then Class at Nationals divides the available cars into smaller and smaller classes but intra class factoring still affects your chances to be a Class Winner. As the goal of winning class decreases so does the sponsor excitement and cash. (Hard for a sponsor to afford $50 to 100 plus class winners)

Do we include eliminator at points meets and Nationals in the definition of Class Racing? I might be simplifying it but I thought we only call multiple same classified cars racing at a National event Class Racing. The rest of the dial in programs are Eliminator to me.

I know I am not racing at this time but I am still very interested in the success of Sportsman racing. I have a strong interest in helping getting new racing interest as well. I also contribute to cash prizes at various Class meets.
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote