View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #26
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Midwest supercomp series 2011 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS310C View Post
Jeff,

Yes, Leak is not my favorite person but that is besides the point. The whole point to a traveling series (like MWSCA) is to travel to different tracks as they always have. If I wanted to race at the same track every weekend I would bracket race. It is fine to have a couple of races at the same track, heck even NHRA does that with division races sometimes. But when over 3/4 of the races are at the same track that is a bit much. All I am saying is that there are already enough races at one track (Byron). Regardless of what track that is, they don't need to have one more there. It is a shame they cant have a 2 day event at Cordova, but I don't see why they should change that and have one more race at Byron. I know first hand how hard it is to schedule a series like this and I don't want it to seem like I am talking bad about the people in charge. I am sure they had their hands full trying to make everyone happy. I had a great time running a couple of races last year and this is a first class group of guys! However, having said that I don't think I will be running with them as much as I had planned to with this schedule. It is unfortunate, because I was really looking forward to running most or all of the races this year. I don't plan to run that many times at Byron, I seriously doubt I will drive all the way to Indy to race 1/8th mile, and I also doubt I will go to the Grove.
Well our thinking is that since most of us will be towing east to go home Saturday night or Sunday morning after Cordova we might as well stop in at Byron and race there Sunday . Which is one of the things we will discuss and vote on at the March Meeting.
As far as the difference between 1/8 vs 1/4 mile to me it's really the same game you just have to make up your mind sooner and in my experience we all seemed to be able to figure it out in two to three passes and I'll bet Hayden knows exactly were that 1/8 mile stipe is at!
I'll let you guys know what's up after the meeting