View Single Post
Old 02-13-2024, 05:02 PM   #12
Chevy55

Liked 169 Times in 84 Posts
Default Re: 3 year flexplate rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Petrie E395 View Post
I guess I’m lucky. I just ordered belts from Simpson through Holley. And I got a couple extra months on my expiration. Not to side track. But I can sorta see on belts and flexplates a little. They gotta have a one size fits all rule. And most of us keep our cars inside and they travel in an enclosed trailer. But what about the guy whose car sits outside with the windows down. (Yes it happens) you gotta have a rule that covers that guy too. As for the flexplate. You got one guy that races like crazy several nights a week and goes rounds. vs guys who’s flexplate could last forever because they only race once or twice a year. Gotta have a rule that covers both. Because we have gotten away from personal responsibility and into suing everybody when something happens. But where I think it’s nuts is transmission shields and flywheel shields. How does a piece of aluminum or steel just go bad. Because it was bolted on the car. Unless something gernades how can that ever be damaged or worn out? Now that’s a waste of money. But it keeps the contingency sponsors in business so I guess it’s not all bad.
IMO a 5 year rule would make sense but the 2 year rule is really off the wall!
Chevy55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked