View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 05:01 PM   #20
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Liked 65 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: 8.50 158 stocker

Superfan1,

As everyone knows Don is a stick shift guy, period. For the past year and half I've been trying to talk him into the Automatic. He said "No Way!" He ran an 8.55@160 in Gainesville Nationals at the beginning of the year with the stick. After his surgery following the Gainesville race it got hard for him to pull the shifter with all that Torque. So again I brought up the automatic. Again, He said "No Way!" Well after Bristol I called a good friend of mine, Bob Glidden and his old crew chief and son Billy Glidden to speak with Don about the Automatic. After 2 years of me trying and him saying no way, he gets off the phone with Bob calls me and says put the automatic in it. Even though Bob is not racing anymore he still does a lot to help racers out. Him and Don have spoke after every race since the Automatic went in the car. Between Bob and his son Billy, with Billy Racing NHRA Pro Mod he comes over to speak with Don every event they are at together. Bob spent time with Don at Indy this year as well.

You are another good fan to the sport, I've met you a couple times and I got to spend some time with you at the Dutch Classic. So I'm posting this one thing I am sending you. There is other stuff in the box with it, because you are a Ford Super-Fan!

Click to enlarge the image, autographed by Bob, His Wife Etta, and Billy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6413.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	26218