View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 11:11 AM   #76
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Smile Re: Should Indy be an All Run Field in Stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Ortiz View Post
I go to Indy one year and there are 4 U/SA cars there. I win class and get into the Eliminator. The following year I go and I am the only U/SA car there. I can't run the index and I don't get in the Eliminator. Then NHRA changes format and says you have to be -500 under on a bye run to get in. Then they group all the singles into a combo category where the fastest is going to win for sure

I have had it with you nitwits that say "you're the only person in a class", "no one else in the country runs that combo", "you need to work on your car" You guys complain about the new cars being under factored and it's not fair.

How about having to deal with this for a lot of years.Bob Dennis banana car. Bob Shaw's turbo Mercury Capri, Chevrolet Caprice, and the Caddy. Paul Wong and his Chevy pick up, Gary Summers little Mustang, Lloyd MacKay Buick. #1 qualifiers all of them. And not by a little bit, 2 second under cars.

I'll just throw $20,000 in the car with hard work and then I'll be right there with them, right. NHRA's AHFS is an absolute joke that is run by the manufactures. How about all those die hards that have flogged their combo for years to get it to run as good as it does. Then NHRA allows some bogus HP cars to come into their class and totally destroy them.

"Class" is supposed to be a performance based thing, got no problem with that. But if I'm the only one in my class, don't give me your crap about me trying to win with some obscure combo. Heck, NHRA is the one who is screwing over everyone with their new format of the quickest 128.

Indy should be class winners followed by the quickest. And if I win class as I am the only one, don't I still have to dial in for the Eliminator.

And if you do not like my opinion, then tell it to me face to face so I can recognize you as an a$$hole.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA where the #1's live.
damn ron you may need some jack links beef jerky cause they are messin with sasquach
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote