View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 07:42 PM   #15
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 459 Times in 174 Posts
Default Re: more news from NHRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Stout View Post
NHRA states Coke as a family member , then file a lawsuit. You nhra changed what Coke was to receive for their money. Covid changed your schedule. Coke should not be held responsible for fulfilling their obligation. You did not fulfill yours. You reduced purses, how about your salary and others up top in ivory tower. We are family and everyone should suffer together.
Very well said Jeff (and fellow Phoenician). I actually negotiated a contract for Coca-Cola when Wild Horse Pass was Firebird...a long, long time ago. These type of contracts have assurances built into them, and what is referred to "act of God" clauses. As an example, if you contracted with an amusement park, and it got leveled by an earthquake, you would be excused from the contract. Very likely you would have an attendance guarantee or compensation could be reduced. In the case with NHRA, I doubt they had insurance to cover an act of God, since tracks are spread out all over.

When TV agreements get involved with a contract, the network very likely requires a minimum advertising investment. An example would be.......NBC will pay you a million dollars if you guarantee NBC 2 million in ad revenue (or pick a number). This recent deal with FOX agreement seems a little suspicious to me.

Hope it all works out.