View Single Post
Old 08-26-2023, 10:08 AM   #17
Cglrcng

Liked 131 Times in 68 Posts
Default Re: A 30 year journey, and a 2nd chance.

Once home, when we put the belt on that morning at the track in a thrash, it was a tooth off, retarded a full 12 degrees (which is not hard to do, if you do not have everything marked just right ahead of time, and recent marks that are not faded, and do not hold your head in just the right spot and angle when aligning the crank and intermediate sprocket(s) marks (you get (0_) instead of (o-) and that is exactly 1 tooth as there used to be a lot more in the way than there is today. (On the bright side though, my normal install on that particular cam is 3 degrees adv. using the D.C. adj. cam sprocket and a 3 degree offset key, so...In the end it was really worse than a tooth off and it kills the bottom end on this car, but helps the top. So that helped make that light even worse than it really was.

But, I knew to check it immediately once we arrived home. That is not the worst part, there is about a dollar sized spot of tranny fluid on the steel deck of the trailer right below the inspection plate on the transaxle bellhousing, but I have time to pull that converter out and find out what's up (12 days to fix things and Chandler is only 3.5 hrs Southeast). I hope it is just the Converter to pump seal..T.C.I is in Jacksonville, FL and I need to drive this car there via PHX- Nat., Ennis, TX,- Div. Houston, TX-Div. then Gainsville, FL-Nat., and I have family in JAX I will be visiting. Then Baton Rouge, LA-Div......Springtime Rains are in store though in a big way.

Car is fast enough for now, and so far (just a couple of passes consistent), an after a thrash, a pass like that sucks, but I can throw that out...this time. It is not much of a build thread yet, but things get progressively worse before they get better.

Rain, Bugs, and a long road trip, some improves along the way...later ok.
Cglrcng is offline   Reply With Quote