View Single Post
Old 09-11-2023, 04:57 PM   #9
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 679 Times in 224 Posts
Default Re: Carolina Classic Modified Production

This past Saturday, September 9th was our 2nd race for the Carolina Classic Modified Production Series. We only had 3 cars this past weekend but I can promise you the 3 that were there, had a blast. We had 2 drivers that were unable to attend due to tow vehicle troubles so they've got time to get them fixed & be ready for our next race. We rolled into Saturday for Q1 where we found 2 of the 3 cars having troubles in the staging lanes so Steve Johnson (SS/CM) was the only one to make that run. He went a 5.532 on his 6.20 index finding himself .668 under his index. Strawberry Dixon (SS/BM) & Robbie Draughon (SS/AM) got their minor troubles fixed & quickly came back to the lanes to get their first hits of the day. Strawberry went a 5.553 on his 6.01 index, .457 under his index & Robbie had issues at the hit. Q2 comes around a few hours later & 2 drivers improve from their first runs. Dixon ran a 5.550 (0.46 under), Draughon ran a 5.383 (0.517 under), while Johnson tried to make a change & the car/track dodgy like the change. The field is now set with Johnson being the #1 Qualifer of this race, 0.668 under, & picking up the first $100.00 of the day. Dixon & Draughon have a nice side-by-side C2 Corvette match up with Draughon coming out on top during Round 1. Robbie went a 5.29108 (0.60892 under) against Strawberry's 5.53479 (0.47521 under). All 3 drivers improved during R1. Steve went a 5.53268 (0.66732 under) on his 1st Round Bye Run. After a couple of rain delays, we pulled the cars to the staging lanes for the final round of competition. Unfortunately after Robbie's burnout, he was shut off on the starting line due to water leaking. Steve requested to give Robbie time to fix the leak so they could run the finals but it was more than just alittle leakage so Steve Johnson picked up Win #2 of the CCMP. I'm on the hunt for a "Bounty Hunter" sponsor for our next race against Mr. Johnson so if anyone wants to sponsor, please get in touch with me.

Our next race is Saturday, October 14th at Darlington Dragway. There were some winnings donated back from Saturday to the Darlington race so I currently have $500.00 towards that race purse. Hope to see everyone there! I sure would be nice to have an 8 car field at that event. Tell your friends & let's make it happen.
Tabitha Draughon is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked