Thread: Radials
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 05:54 PM   #7
NHRA1926

Liked 161 Times in 51 Posts
Default Re: Radials

I have been running the Mickey Thompson Pro Bracket Radial 29.5x10.5 for 3 years. I got over 180 runs on the first set. When I brought them over to the Mickey Thompson trailer, they asked why I wanted new ones. I said I had almost 150 runs on them, they asked if they were still hooking ok, I said yes, they said, "Run them till the cords show, or you start seeing your 60 foot change." I ran them for another month, then bought a new set just because they had over 180 runs on them. BEST hooking tire I have ever used. Soon as I installed them, 60 foot went from 1.46-1.50 down to 1.37-1.40. Car used to roll over the tire and porpoise 2-3 times before hooking. Now its doing 2-3 foot wheel stands! This is the ONLY tire I will use on my combination. It is a stiff side wall tire. I do not use tubes, and they are not screwed to the tire. Also, I've only had to add air to them a couple of times throughout the season, they do not move as far as pressure goes. Mickey Thompson said they know cars that have over 250 runs on these tires.
NHRA1926 is offline   Reply With Quote