HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-28-2024, 09:43 PM   #61
CMcAllister

Liked 764 Times in 212 Posts
Default Re: Live from Maple Grove - NHRA DIV 1 LUCAS OIL SERIES #2

Some of these whipper snappers coming out of Jrs into big cars with 7 or 8 years of experience do a pretty good job of cleaning the clocks of the old dudes sometimes. So there must be some benefit to coming up through that program vs. getting started at 16 or 17.
CMcAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 06:59 AM   #62
Cglrcng

Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts

Lol Keith, you only got 12.5 hrs sleep and were awakened at 9:30 AM, with a "Get off my lawn attitude?"

Remind me not to pit next to you please. Lmao, take a break, grab a cup of coffee brother, waking up in the pits by any growling engine (big or small), is living the dream life, and I am loving it! I only wish the tracks were open to run a lot more weekends like the old days! So, I could enjoy more racing these days golden older days!

If I wasn't already the last to bed, and the first one up, I would ask somebody to wake me up, so I can prepare for the early lane calls fully! Missing any lane call is my number 1 nightmare scenario..
I will sleep when no longer living.

If you sit out as long as I did raising a family, racing is everything, sleeping can be done between race days and weekends! Big or small, fire in the holes is sweet music to my ears today!
Old 05-29-2024, 07:46 AM   #63
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,581 Times in 434 Posts

Could be worse. A S/C dragster who took half my pit spot (no big deal I travel light) fired his dragster up around 2am on Friday night. That's tough when running Stock at 8:30am. 8.50 index was cool to watch with tight racing all the way down track. Stock had 117 of some of the nicest cars I've ever seen and Super Stock had 81. Congrats to Cliff Hynson in Stk and Bill Kennedy in SS. Man I was really hoping for the heads-up final with Lynda Preiser, two classic Mustangs going at it. When's the last time that happened?
Old 05-29-2024, 01:12 PM   #64
Dave Gantz

Liked 230 Times in 122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fazio View Post
Could be worse. A S/C dragster who took half my pit spot (no big deal I travel light) fired his dragster up around 2am on Friday night. That's tough when running Stock at 8:30am.
Bobby, you're a better man than me. I would've been out there "discussing" that move.
Dave Gantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 01:15 PM   #65
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,688 Times in 536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cglrcng View Post
Lol Keith, you only got 12.5 hrs sleep and were awakened at 9:30 AM, with a "Get off my lawn attitude?"

Remind me not to pit next to you please. Lmao, take a break, grab a cup of coffee brother, waking up in the pits by any growling engine (big or small), is living the dream life, and I am loving it! I only wish the tracks were open to run a lot more weekends like the old days! So, I could enjoy more racing these days golden older days!

If I wasn't already the last to bed, and the first one up, I would ask somebody to wake me up, so I can prepare for the early lane calls fully! Missing any lane call is my number 1 nightmare scenario..
I will sleep when no longer living.

If you sit out as long as I did raising a family, racing is everything, sleeping can be done between race days and weekends! Big or small, fire in the holes is sweet music to my ears today!

Either I wrote it wrong or you read it wrong. What racer is still in bed at 9:30 AM? I was awake at six like every day well before the Jrs fire up
And by the way, I’m glad you won’t park next to me. Probably one of those guys with a cement mixer for a generator that runs all night.!!!! OK I’m done bitching for now.
Lmao

Last edited by Keith 944; 05-29-2024 at 01:24 PM.
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-29-2024, 04:28 PM   #66
Lenny5160_v2

Liked 165 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Gantz View Post
Bobby, you're a better man than me. I would've been out there "discussing" that move.
Generally I am a man of etiquette, but sometimes you need to remember that you chose to sleep in the pit area of a racetrack. If there was a thrash session and they needed to check the repair, that's fair game. IMO, of course.
Old 05-29-2024, 05:15 PM   #67
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 424 Times in 204 Posts

Agree. surely the guy had just done that all night.
1320racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-29-2024, 06:12 PM   #68
Dave Gantz

Liked 230 Times in 122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160_v2 View Post
Generally I am a man of etiquette, but sometimes you need to remember that you chose to sleep in the pit area of a racetrack. If there was a thrash session and they needed to check the repair, that's fair game. IMO, of course.
True, I see your point. I've never been on either side of that situation, but if I had to check something, I'd pull it somewhere as far as I could away from people. It would be loud, but it would be better than it being right next to someone. You could give someone a heart attack! lol
Imagine being awakened by a race engine right next to you?
Dave Gantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-29-2024, 06:32 PM   #69
CMcAllister

Liked 764 Times in 212 Posts

Ah, the good old days of the 5AM warm up, complete with setting the brake, and matting it for 5 or 10 seconds to get some heat in the trans.
CMcAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 06:59 PM   #70
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,688 Times in 536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160_v2 View Post
Ever heard of a curfew????
I bet the cows did not give milk for days…
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote