HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
sammy pizzolato

Liked 56 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sammy pizzolato
Default red anderson passes.

i was just informed by fellow racer james caro that long time div 4 tech man red anderson passed. no other info yet. and long time div 4 director dale ham passed around christmas. we have lost three div 4 greats within a couple of months.that sucks i know we are all getting old but they were all great men RIP to all of them.

Last edited by sammy pizzolato; 12-30-2012 at 04:01 PM.
sammy pizzolato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: red anderson passes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy pizzolato View Post
i was just informed by fellow racer james caro that long time div 4 tech man red anderson passed. no other info yet. and long time div 4 director dale ham passed around christmas. we have lost three div 4 greats within a couple of months.that sucks i know we are all getting old but they were all great men RIP to all of them.
That does suck! Three great guys gone! Before I got to know Red, he really made me nervous during tear downs.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
sammy pizzolato

Liked 56 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sammy pizzolato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
That does suck! Three great guys gone! Before I got to know Red, he really made me nervous during tear downs.
he made everyone nervous in teardown when him and westley got done with you if you were wright you were wright. i remember one time i was helping sid go through teardown with his aspen red told sid this cam is to close sid. sid asked red to close under or over.it is one thow under.well red it is legal.red gave sid one of those looks like ok smart ***.
sammy pizzolato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Quote:
he made everyone nervous in teardown when him and westley got done with you if you were wright you were wright. i remember one time i was helping sid go through teardown with his aspen red told sid this cam is to close sid. sid asked red to close under or over.it is one thow under.well red it is legal.red gave sid one of those looks like ok smart ***.
One thing you could be sure of in Div 4 was you could go anyplace else and be fine. Also that everybody else around here was local too. I saw guys from other divisions set records here and fail the tear down. "I passed last time I tore down at home!" lol

First time I met Wesley, I set the record at Houma, and he watched Red check me out. Just a quiet kid then. You don't have to wonder what he's thinking now. Lmao

Last edited by Ed Wright; 12-30-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Ed Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #5
Bobby Brannon

Liked 100 Times in 33 Posts

RIP. Red was a great Div.4 techman. If Red like you, you knew. If he didn't,well you most likely was the cause. RIP my friend.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
Jeff Colvert

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
You got that right Sammy. I got one of those speeches when I set my first record and the combustion chamber came up dead on. Scared the hell out of me. Always made a little room after that.
Really sad to here this Red and Dale will surely be missed. Red, Dale and Chuck really were the "Good Guys" of div. 4.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #7
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Brannon View Post
RIP. Red was a great Div.4 techman. If Red like you, you knew. If he didn't,well you most likely was the cause. RIP my friend.
Your exactly correct Bobby. Red was really sharp. Machined a lot of his cam checking fixtures himself at a freind's machine shop. Very talented man. And you are right, if he didn't like you it was because you had given him a reason. He didn't have much use for guys he caught cheating. He was a good man.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
Lyn Smith
VIP Member

Liked 859 Times in 160 Posts

I think Red made most of the special checking tools most tech guys used for checking cams,deck etc.He gave me a scare one time when i drove 1000 plus miles to race in Div.4 when he told me if i could not produce my membership card, i was going home!!!
Lyn Smith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
4408hemi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Racers in Heaven will be treated fairly but better get their s**t straight and play by the rules with Chuck, Red, and Dale up there. Red used his sterness to make sure you were never tempted to cross the line. We will allways remember them.
4408hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #10
jackie hibbard

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

RIP Red you gave me a hard time on my first record setting day but was fair and gave me an atta boy for setting the record thanks
jackie hibbard is offline   Reply With Quote