HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr
Default The old Lounge?

Is the old Lounge, and its posts still available anywhere? Would like to re-visit a thread I started in May 2010 when I started having all of my health issues. Just wondering.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: The old Lounge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Carr View Post
Is the old Lounge, and its posts still available anywhere? Would like to re-visit a thread I started in May 2010 when I started having all of my health issues. Just wondering.
Mike did you hear about the Woman that was diagnosed with MS over 2 years ago. She just ran her 366 th marathon. All in the last 365 days.
Quite an accomplishment for anyone without a medical condition. She said she hasn't had any symtoms in over 6 months.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

Quote:
Originally Posted by art leong View Post
Mike did you hear about the Woman that was diagnosed with MS over 2 years ago. She just ran her 366 th marathon. All in the last 365 days.
Quite an accomplishment for anyone without a medical condition. She said she hasn't had any symtoms in over 6 months.
That's awesome. I've walked about four hundred miles this year so far, am down over thirty pounds since Feb 25th,, and feeling as great as I ever have. 1998, I was 270 pounds; May 2010 I was 260, today I was 203. Blood tests that I get four times a year shows everything is very well, so I'm happy with everything. It'll be three years next month since I was diagnosed. Have had very little symptoms since. In April I joined a local gym for the month. I would walk 1 3/4 miles there, spend two hours, then walk 1 3/4 miles home. That was a big no-no, so I stick to walking the backroads here in the sticks of Pensyltucky.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 68 Times in 29 Posts

Glad to see that you're doing well. Nothing like a walk to help prolong our lives, kind of like the apple a day will keep the Doctor away.lol Claude
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
bobby

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey MIke, I was diagnosed 3 years ago next month also. Just the heat kicks my *****. Other than that, doing fine.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #6
Mike Carr
VIP Member

The heat bothers me a bit, but I try to stay on task. I walked thirty-four miles the past nine days (two days I didn't walk at all). Sweat a lot, but I finally made my weight goal on Friday (199 pounds). Most of the last 15 years I was 250 or more (was 270 at one point, was 255 in May 2010). I am blessed that very seldom do I have any negative effects from M.S. And next week I am supposed to get the Avonex FlexPen (auto inject) so I can give myself my weekly injections. I go back to my Neurologist in December, to talk about possibly starting an oral medication (pills), but Dr said if I am doing so well on Avonex injections, it might be better to stay on those. Time will tell. I get blood work done four times a year, mainly to check liver function. My blood sugar, A1C, liver, kidney, thyroid, etc are all good, as well as good and bad cholesterol (though I am still on a pill for cholesterol to bring it down just a bit). I am off Metformin now, my blood sugar is great and most days below 90 in the morning when I check. My Vitamin D is low, so I am on 2,000 units a day (doubled from a few months ago). Other than that, all is well here.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:02 AM   #7
bobby

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am a slim 200, 6'4". My biggest problem is memory, cant' remember anything. Wife and I do word games in the evenings, seems to help a lot. I don't get as many blood tests as I did when i was going thru all the testing to find out what was wrong with me. I get 1 MRI a year now. Gives me time to take a nap, lol. I do one injection of Copaxone a day. It's not that bad, small needle that doesnt' go in very far. Still getting out of racing, most tracks down here run during the day (heat), just cant' do that any more. I don't even mow the yard until 8 at night b/c of the heat.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
Toby Lang
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Carr View Post

Yes, all the old threads are in the members lounge. Read the sticky at the top of this section.
Toby Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:54 PM   #9
tallison55

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mike, Great JOB give me a call sometime !
Terry Allison 724 462 6444
tallison55 is offline   Reply With Quote