HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-22-2010, 01:00 AM   #1
Jimi B

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Anybody ever made it to Indy on 1 grade point from Bowling Green!?!?!?

I am working diligently to make it to the Columbus divisional this weekend but I dont think I am going to make it. At least not with my car. I might see if there is anyone elses car I can tech in.. Assuming that what I have heard is correct. Which is that all you have to do id pass tech. You dont have to make a pass or pass fuel check correct? I believe Drooze did this earlier this year?

While I am creating a thread... Anybody have a car I can pass tech in at Columbus this weekend?

Also if my Indy dreams for myself are shot, any body want to drive race a car that has a very good shot at qualifying very well at Indy? ha

Last edited by Jimi B; 07-22-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Jimi B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:08 AM   #2
greg fulk
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Red face Re: Anybody ever made it to Indy on 1 grade point from Bowling Green!?!?!?

Mr. Beard did it a couple years ago.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:56 AM   #3
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts
Default Re: Anybody ever made it to Indy on 1 grade point from Bowling Green!?!?!?

STK will not fill up

You could run BG pts and enter for INDY monday morning.
What kind of car are you putting together?
Old 07-22-2010, 06:18 AM   #4
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Anybody ever made it to Indy on 1 grade point from Bowling Green!?!?!?

Yes. last year stock was down to a one fror a couple of weeks before it filled up.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:20 AM   #5
Tony Janes

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Stock did not fill in 2009. 154 cars on a quota of 180.

Last edited by Tony Janes; 07-22-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Tony Janes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
Jimi B

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah I looked at the last decade of entries for stock at Indy a few weeks ago and it looks like there was never 180 cars. And Id say it will be even less this year. But as a racer you always want to do whatever it takes.

Of course I seemed to have lost that mindset this year, or I would already have 3 grade points Not sure why after 29 years of eating, sleeping, breathing nothing but drag racing... The year I decide to step up an do some real racing for myself I also decide to have a not so midlife crisis and lose track of my priorities. I cant be too hard on myself, I have had several set backs this year that were not my doing.. But I still shouldnt be this far behind.

I think this is one exciting *** year to run stock at a national event. Especially Indy of course. Don Garlits, Roy Johnson, Jeg Coughlin Jr. For me I also turn 30 right around Indy/Bowling Green time, and I have sort of made 30 the cut off age for me to figure out what I want to do with my life ha. I have started an engineering career , and then got in the engine business.. Started to combine that for a few months working at Indy Cylinder Head.. But if anybody knows much about that place, Russ is a super hard guy to work for.. Im used to working for hard asses but that guy is certified nuts! I have a few entertaining stories from that place ha.

Anyway I will not give up on my stocker project, but it will be a real heart breaker if I dont make Indy this year.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #7
Jimi B

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry for the Drooze'esque post... JK Chris!
Old 07-22-2010, 11:20 AM   #8
Jimi B

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
STK will not fill up

You could run BG pts and enter for INDY monday morning.
What kind of car are you putting together?
Some people may already know, but I am afraid to admit it still. A Mitsubishi Eclipse.. Although I think the particular car I will have in Indy may be a Plymouth Laser. Plymouth Laser, Mitsubishi Eclipse, and Eagle Talon are all the same car.