HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
Bernie Cunningham

Liked 53 Times in 17 Posts
Default Need help in Austin, Tx area

My friend has bought a corvette rolling chassis in Austin and could use some help. Firstly, it needs to be picked up from the owner, cause he wants it outta there, and then store it somewhere until transportation can be organized.
Secondly, does anybody have a trailer spot coming from Austin to So. Cal.

You will be compensated for your assistance.

E-mail or call me, 951 686 4230 or bonzaproducts@att.net
Old 12-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
Bernie Cunningham

Default Re: Need help in Austin, Tx area

What a great group of people we have in the Stk/SS community!

Within 2 hours of my post I had 3 phone calls offering to help. Steven Hall will be taking care of it and he even wants to bring it to So.Cal.

Thanks everybody, B
Old 12-02-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

tons of good people on this forum. Glad its worked out.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #4
Jim Cimarolli

Liked 148 Times in 41 Posts
Wink Re: Need help in Austin, Tx area

G-Day Mate! All Right Are Ya?
Jim Cimarolli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #5
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Bernie,how did you make out with the stolen truck,was it found?
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:32 AM   #6
Bernie Cunningham

What a lucky SOB I am, got it back this past Monday. Got a call from the local cop women to say it was in a storage lot in Chula Vista, that's south of San Diego (Mexico border 2 miles) and it had been there for 4 days already but they had screwed up my phone number. Wouldn't tell me of condition so I didn't know whether I could drive it home or need a tow. My good friend, Joe Walsh took me down there, about 2 hours, and we saw it coming into the yard, looked good.

While squaring away paperwork I tried to impress the fact that they were charging me for extra days because they messed up my contact info and I would have been there 4 days ago had I known. Not sure if it was a slip or not but she said that the cops get the tow fee and the yard gets the storage money, heck of a scam if ya ask me !!!!!!!!

Anyway, they pull the truck out and as I'm walking up to it I see that my 2 5/16" hitch is gone and there's a pintel hitch in it's place. Walk the truck and no damage, not even a scratch, while looking closely I see a small hole beneath the handle/keyhole plate, very strategic location, where they had inserted a small tool and bent the sheetmetal enough to pop the door. Got inside to find out the ignition worked without the key and the key would only go in half way anyhow. All of my personal stuff was still there including loose change in the console!! They had gone thru stuff but it was all there.

I reckon that the perps stole something bigger than my truck, hence the pintel hitch, maybe some construction equipment ie backhoe, compressor, generator etc. Tried to let the local detectives know and they still haven't called back!! They had to hammer the hitch pin in cause it was way tight and couldn't get it back out, so I figured they took my hitch in a swap. Not that I needed a pintel but I have one now!

Bottom story, anybody that has one of these trucks need to realize that it probably only took them 20 seconds or less to drive off. The locksmith that replaced the ignition switch showed me how the tumblers simply failed cause there's no other protection, the after market replacement has a better, drop down bar that requires the key and would be harder to resist force. BTW, I forgot to mention that I had recently dropped my insurance to liability only for the winter to save a few bucks, yea, can you say I'm a lucky SOB !!

My local ford dealer is researching what color wire I need to find in the loom to put an interupt switch for the fuel pump.

Last edited by Bernie Cunningham; 12-03-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Bernie Cunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:23 AM   #7
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Need help in Austin, Tx area

Im glad to hear you got your truck back in one piece with little damage. Its a sick feeling to find someone stole your car/truck as I have lost a couple over the years. Don't you just love Calif. these days as you can just about guess what stole it. Of course the rest of the states have this problem these days. The sad part is if you had caught them in the act and shot them you would be the one in trouble. They used to hang horse thieves !
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote