Denny Steward

Liked 113 Times in 21 Posts
Default Gainesville Stock spot open

I just saw this
Old 02-13-2023, 02:12 PM   #2
tstickff

Liked 461 Times in 111 Posts
Default Re: Gainesville Stock spot open

Whoever got in your welcome, I was trying to enter the spot that my friend was withdrawing but because of NHRAs grade point system wouldn’t let me in, I entered Super stock initially with my combined grade point, which was 12, would think they only care if I had 8 since that’s all they count, so I figured I had 4 grade points to enter in stock but apparently that’s not the case, even tho I actually have 10 grade points in stock.

Tim Stickles
Old 02-13-2023, 02:17 PM   #3
Lenny5160_v2

Liked 165 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstickff View Post
Whoever got in your welcome, I was trying to enter the spot that my friend was withdrawing but because of NHRAs grade point system wouldn’t let me in, I entered Super stock initially with my combined grade point, which was 12, would think they only care if I had 8 since that’s all they count, so I figured I had 4 grade points to enter in stock but apparently that’s not the case, even tho I actually have 10 grade points in stock.

Tim Stickles
Yep, if you combine then you've used them all. Doesn't matter how many were actually needed to enter the race at that time.
Old 02-13-2023, 02:20 PM   #4
tstickff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160_v2 View Post
Yep, if you combine then you've used them all. Doesn't matter how many were actually needed to enter the race at that time.
That’s dumb
Old 02-13-2023, 02:25 PM   #5
Lenny5160_v2

Liked 165 Times in 66 Posts

You probably know this by now, but there'd be no reason to combine if you have more than 8 in one class.

You could have used your 10 Stock points to enter Super Stock, and still have your 2 Super Stock points available for another entry should that miraculously become available.
Old 02-13-2023, 02:34 PM   #6
tstickff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160_v2 View Post
You probably know this by now, but there'd be no reason to combine if you have more than 8 in one class.

You could have used your 10 Stock points to enter Super Stock, and still have your 2 Super Stock points available for another entry should that miraculously become available.

I understand that, I initially was only going to run SS, the option of entering stock came up so I figured why not, it’s not a huge deal if I run stock also I was just venting about the dumb process, why count me out for 12 grade points when they don’t technically even count past 8 GP? You would think if they only counted 8, that would leave me with 4 to enter another class at the 4 GP mark, like I said it’s not a huge deal it just makes no sense to me
Old 02-13-2023, 10:46 PM   #7
KennyAnderson

Liked 235 Times in 81 Posts

It is dumb how it works now. Tim I'm not sure if pops or your wife has any grade points but if the opportunity presents itself again you can move his/her grade points to you as "car owner" points. Unfortunately they wouldn't be able to use them later in the year but it is what it is.

Sucks we have to play these games. We are looking for a spot for our traveling partner Sal rt now. He was on time trying to enter and he had a credit from last year. By the time he entered his credit card to pay the additional $10!!!! It was full. Talk about a kick in the D!%&!!
KennyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-14-2023, 03:27 PM   #8
B Parker

Liked 2,325 Times in 456 Posts

I just dropped out of Gainesville today. Some of you may know that I bought a house in NC back in October. It was built in 1965 and needed to be updated. Hired a contractor to do most of the work. We had planned to move in January but unfortunately the house is still not done. My car has been at the house for a while still needing some work done before I get out. I had plenty of time to get it done if they had finished the house. The house should be done by the end of next week but with the move I just didn't think I would get it all done in time. I had a racer friend ask me several weeks ago to let him know it I drop out. He has a grade point of 8 but wasn't fast enough to get in when the race opened. Dropping out I was glad to be able to give the spot to someone who had the grade number to get it in the first place. BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 04:00 PM   #9
B Parker

Liked 2,325 Times in 456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstickff View Post

Tim Stickles

Tim if RP didn't call me you would have been my next phone call. Hope you get in. We all know you support this sport as much or more than most do.!!!
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-14-2023, 06:58 PM   #10
tstickff

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
Tim if RP didn't call me you would have been my next phone call. Hope you get in. We all know you support this sport as much or more than most do.!!!
Thanks Barry I appreciate that! Honestly it’s no big deal if I don’t get in for stock, I’m in super stock anyway and I can sleep in! I know there’s a lot of guys and gals trying to get in also hopefully everyone gets in that wants to! And good luck with the new place hope to see you soon my friend

Tim Stickles