HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-20-2009, 12:17 AM   #1
Bob Gullett
VIP Member

Liked 414 Times in 92 Posts
Default Yellowstone Dragstrip

Interesting caption on the front page of the Yellowstone dragstrip in Acton Montana. I wonder if the Divisional race that is scheduled is still going to be run.
http://www.yellowstonedragstrip.com/
Old 01-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
Doug Domm

Liked 83 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: Yellowstone Dragstrip

Hi Bob,
It has been brought to my attention that the most current operator of Yellowstone has recently passed away and his widow is actively pursuing someone else to carry on with running and improving the facility as her husband had hoped to in the future. This is indeed very tragic and I for one hope that all goes well for the family first.
An active racer has indicated that at this time there are people interested in taking over. Hope the New Year is treating you well. Call me we have some catching up to do. Doug
Doug Domm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:51 PM   #3
Joe Toller

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

My condolences to the family. I would sure hope someone takes over, it's otherwise Montana doesn't have a facility really capable of having a divisional at. It would kinda kill the whole point of me building a car for Stock, unless I travel, alot. I'll have to ask some buddies in Billings what's up, I'm just up in Lewistown.
Joe Toller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #4
Doug Domm

Liked 83 Times in 20 Posts

iraceitall,
Carry on with the stocker project if that's what you really wanted to do in the first place. It didn't really sound like you wanted to travel much anyhow and you can still bracket race with a stocker. Lewistown ? Hmmm, isn't there a race track in Lewistown and one in Malta probably only 20 minutes from you and Medicine Hat has a National Open and I think that is practically on your doorstep too, Minot is a stones throw away and so is Douglas. Then there is Anaconda and Estevan, heck I wouldn't think the furthest of these 7 tracks and Billings being 8 total would be more than 5 hours from you.
Doug Domm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

I don't know that I would consider Minot when figuring places to race a stocker.
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #6
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 57 Times in 27 Posts

in these times, you have to run wherever and whenever you can. it isn't a time to be picky.
Chris1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #7
Joe Toller

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

I guess I don't mind the traveling, I've done it with a stock car/bump-n-run and demo derby cars for a few years now, but it's nice to be somewhere familiar, I have lived and worked in Billings off and on and have family there. My goal was to take a shot at Divisionals in my home state. I have the track here, so I for sure have a place to bracket race and dial in my combo. Malta is 2 hrs north, I'm anxious to see how that track is coming along (I heard they may go IHRA), and I didn't even think about Douglas. I'll race here regardless, I started racing in high school drags (since nothing else was available to race when I was 16), and have wanted to get back to it a little more seriously. Stock has been my favorite since I got into racing. I'll build the stocker for sure, I had planned on going to Eagle Idaho and Mission BC, but like I said, it was just going to be neat to try to run a divisional close to home.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:55 PM   #8
Joe Toller

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

I heard through the grapevine the Menholt family, who have a huge GM dealership in Billings, are looking to take over.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:03 PM   #9
mtkawboy

Liked 54 Times in 18 Posts

I hope youre right but as bad as the car business is and with the new giant dealership and a ton of cars sitting there, he might have all he can do just to keep the doors open on the dealership. Not to mention his dragster and the 2 kids that have new state of the art promod/bracket cars
mtkawboy is offline   Reply With Quote