HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-20-2015, 10:13 AM   #1
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts
Default Need Help Information about Houston condition

Kevin Helms and I are sitting in Ennis with no idea what to do. We are asking anyone within close distance to Baytown to physically look at the track and get some real answers. We hear they are working to get the monsoon waters drained, and the forecast is unclear. Being as I was the poster child for the Mudfest a couple years ago, we have misgivings. We have 4 race cars entered, we have friends and family coming with motel reservations etc. Someone showed me a picture of my motorhome with this large machine attached to is pulling it out of the mud. Lots of rumors floating, but we need real info. Should we go home and go fishing, go home and watch what happens (290 miles Houma LA to Baytown). NHRA is working on it, we did tech on all 4 cars here, but the last thing we need is to be told on Wednesday or Thursday to go home cause we can't park. An extended withdrawal period would help. That is the worst case if we stay here. My number is 985-804-6161. I don't have an email here. Way over my pay level. Thanks everyone.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:28 AM   #2
Adub464Q

Liked 408 Times in 76 Posts
Default Re: Need Help Information about Houston condition

I am with you Jeff. Royal Purple posted a couple of pictures yesterday of them working on the pits, but I could not tell anything from it. I am entered as well, and the forecast has provided a glimmer of hope.

I am all for an extended withdrawal date. This is a rare case where I think that would help.
Adub464Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:36 AM   #3
Stephen Hughes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm 30 min away, but we had a front cone through and the whole area got mote rain last night. This leave 3 days to get it dried out with rain chances going back up to 30-40% by thursday. I too have been pulled out of the mud there a couple times and the thought of doing it again is not appealing. I have a few friends from that area that may go by if i hear anything i will post here. I believe it will be a mess even though it is sunny and windy today.
Stephen Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:46 AM   #4
RJ Sledge

Liked 275 Times in 87 Posts

Muddy pits is one thing , but don't they have a problem with the "percolating water" on the track surface??

Doesn't sound good at this time. Why not have the Sportsman come back to Ennis, less water and much better parking for the Sportsman Racers.

RJ
RJ Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:49 AM   #5
Dale Hulquist

Liked 350 Times in 75 Posts

Jeff, I'm going to Baytown after lunch to check on some customers, i'll give you a call when I get to the track and put some eye's on it. Dale H
Dale Hulquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:59 PM   #6
jrob4184

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We passed thru Baytown last night around 9:00pm on our way home from Dallas and we had to do 45-50mph as we passed the exit for the track due to severe thunderstorms. Lots of Rain please someone let us know something because NHRA is not saying a word.
jrob4184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:03 PM   #7
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Warren Womack is at the track. According to Warren the parallel road to the main road to the east side is getting sand. The rear of the property from the large drainage ditch north is unusable, grass not cut, just so much water. Dallas as an alternative for Sportsman is out according to the track here in Dallas. I would assume NHRA will not make any changes to the pit parking like moving some t shirt trailers etc. The area against the fence next to the grandstand pit side is rented to motorhomes. The pit area at the round track is rented to campers. I think we all knew this, and I thank Warren for driving 50 miles to help us out. We are going to withdraw and go home. We may miss something. There has been no offer of extended withdrawal, but if we get bumped as happened two years ago, it's a lot more expensive for everyone. This is just too much drama and expense to sink my 60 and 70 thousand pound rigs in the mud. And of course little or no real communication about track conditions or options from NHRA does not help. We will pick another race at another location.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:02 PM   #8
supergas4

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

All sportsman should pull out to show were tired of the mudfest year after year.No pit improvements in 20 years and the RACE THAT DID NOT HAPPEN.
supergas4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:55 PM   #9
Greg Turk

Liked 19 Times in 4 Posts

Mr. Davis....I thought you was retired?...working partner...what ??....hope things are well...see you in the mud!!!
Old 04-20-2015, 08:09 PM   #10
Bobby Bennett

Liked 14 Times in 2 Posts

NHRA has since extended the deadline to withdraw to Thursday, April 23 at 12:00 PST.
Bobby Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote