HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
boster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Hurricane Sandy

Here in Northern Virginia things are not to bad , lots of rain and some 30mph winds . Hope everyone is safe , Good luck to those in MD , PA , NJ and NY
Old 10-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,682 Times in 535 Posts
Default Re: Hurricane Sandy

i am on the C&D canal just south of Wilmington, lots of rain and strong winds, power still on, no trees down yet. a river has formed in my back yard though. Del beaches were evacuated today. anyone smart left. i have seen the bay and ocean meet before. very sketchy. mother lost power in Salisbury. at least it's not snow! hope everybody comes out ok.
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hope you get through ok!
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Going to be huge amounts of damage in NY and NJ.......Flooding mostly from storm surge.....Not fun right now here in northwestern NJ.....Very high wind gusts that are over 50 mph....

Ken Miele.....lives near where the eye of the storm is coming ashore right now......

and Jack Matyas spends a lot of time at AC.....Hope they are both undercover!!!!

Last edited by Rich Biebel; 10-29-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Rich Biebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,667 Times in 340 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post
Going to be huge amounts of damage in NY and NJ.......Flooding mostly from storm surge.....Not fun right now here in northwestern NJ.....Very high wind gusts that are over 50 mph....

Ken Miele.....lives near where the eye of the storm is coming ashore right now......

and Jack Matyas spends a lot of time at AC.....Hope they are both undercover!!!!
Ken is fine - just a little soggy .I was to leave for Atlantic City this past Thursday but cancelled all plans for that trip .Good news is the building super stayed at my place last night and its OK - no power - cable or Internet but the building isn't under water ( probably won't happen as its 33 stories ) at least yet - water is still rising but they've sandbagged plenty . Some of the Boardwalk in front of the building is hurt but repairable .

Much worse here in the Christmas City - we have more than 40,000 homes in the area with no power - and we're told it could be 5 to 10 days till we get back online .Hello Mr. Winnebago Journey ..........
Old 10-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
Dennis P Chapman
VIP Member

Liked 52 Times in 24 Posts

Just got power back 20 mins ago lost it yesterday at about noon. Have some big pine trees down in the yard took out the shed lots of cleanup. Still is raining and still windy.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
gmonde

Liked 166 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Matyas View Post
Ken is fine - just a little soggy .I was to leave for Atlantic City this past Thursday but cancelled all plans for that trip .Good news is the building super stayed at my place last night and its OK - no power - cable or Internet but the building isn't under water ( probably won't happen as its 33 stories ) at least yet - water is still rising but they've sandbagged plenty . Some of the Boardwalk in front of the building is hurt but repairable .

Much worse here in the Christmas City - we have more than 40,000 homes in the area with no power - and we're told it could be 5 to 10 days till we get back online .Hello Mr. Winnebago Journey ..........
it was windy here ,a few transformers blew up but could have been alot worse
been to the movie last year when the october storm hit and broke every tree in newengland
the generator ran for 7 days and its one of those jr dragster engines with a pipe ,the neighbors loved it
gmonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,151 Times in 784 Posts

The wind gusts are ramping up in a very big way at this time, 6:50pm, in Stamford CT. I'm amazed we still have power, but I'm sure it won't be long until we are in the dark.
Stay tuned.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #9
Mack Reeves

Liked 44 Times in 13 Posts

Stay safe all that are in line for a "visit " from Sandy!!!! I can tell you from experience these are are no fun!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #10
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,032 Times in 315 Posts

The eye is currently passing over us as we speak in Vineland / Millville, NJ. Lights flickered a few times but, right now it's very eerie as the rain has calmed down and the wind is at a standstill. Supposed to pick back up in the next hour though as the back band is going to hit us....supposed to stop raining around 7am on Wednesday.

AC got hit really hard, most of the town is under water along with Rio Grande, Wildwood, Etc. just hope that Ken didn't get it that bad as he's about 20 minutes from where I live. My Brother works down in Pomona (About 10 minutes from AC) and was told that his job wouldn't open till at least Wednesday.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote