HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
Johnny

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Division 1's Random Pairing Policy

I just read the "New" Random Pairing Policy from the Division 1 website. I thought this "New" policy was always in place, but I guess we needed the clarification.

Here is my suggestion. Have the "Super" classes qualify. Have a first round ladder. Reward the .900 guy/gal with a potential buy. This would eliminate the "mysterious" first round bye. I'm not sure 2 tracks reward the 1st round bye for the same reason anywhere in Div. 1. This would also make time shots/qualifications a lot more interesting. "Super" class racers could play the ladder game just like the Stock/Super Stock racers.

This would also allow for more potential sponsorship. Think of it this way. A potential sponsor who doesn't have the $1000 or greater to sponsor an event, could get their foot in the door by rewarding the 3 Super Class #1 Qualifiers with a $100 certificate. This benefits the racer, the sponsor and the NHRA.

A ladder could also save time. Here's an example. No more lost quarters, dimes, nickel's or penny's rolling under cars or under fences...the higher qualified car gets lane choice.

You could develop a year long points fund for most consistant qualifiers that may attract a Weather Station/ ET prediction type sponsor to give away product at the end of the year.

It would also make DRAW lots more money, racers would pay their $1 to see where they stood and who they may potentially have prior to 1st round.

The possiblilites are endless and it doesn't take much effort.

I can hear it now, someone will say it will take too long to pair for first round....NOPE. You call the left side of the ladder....than you call the right. If you snooze you loose.

Just some food for thought from a dumb cop. Let the jokes begin.

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote