HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-23-2010, 09:56 AM   #11
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Indy Stock Elim Qualifying from Friday

Nope, problem still there on Saturday, so after running low gear for 1320 ft bouncing off the burn out limiter all of the way, we packed up and left (after informing them that we were pulling out, so they didnt try to call us up later when we were gone)

David
The New Hemi Guy
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #12
Mandie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes we did, but we had computer issues again so we packed her up and headed home.

I'll let them tell you all the gory details. They are much better at that than I.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #13
W J

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHemi View Post
Nope, problem still there on Saturday, so after running low gear for 1320 ft bouncing off the burn out limiter all of the way, we packed up and left (after informing them that we were pulling out, so they didnt try to call us up later when we were gone)

David
The New Hemi Guy
Computer? Transmisson? Or both......? Was wondering out loud as to whether or not you guys carry a spare programmed pcm in your trailer, or is that even feasible? WJ

Last edited by W J; 05-23-2010 at 05:01 PM. Reason: add content question.....
W J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #14
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

All you gotta do is pull the chips out of the electronic shifter, and shift it yourself. We had the same problem the first time out. Took one run to figure that out, and then ran the same way I been running for too many years. We now have the problem fixed.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #15
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
All you gotta do is pull the chips out of the electronic shifter, and shift it yourself. We had the same problem the first time out. Took one run to figure that out, and then ran the same way I been running for too many years. We now have the problem fixed.
Yeah, I think this one falls more under install error at some point, we had a bad ground.

ECU Isnt an issue, shifts are controlled by a seperate computer. Ive got a real good Idea we found the problem......Well see......so obvious it was elusive, as well has contributed to our "no start" issues.....Well see....

But yeah Jeff, Im building a hotline jumper for the E-Shift so in a pinch I can do that.

We had no clue as to dial and weda either bounced out, or brokeout, but the old man did manage to get a better 60ft out with tire slippage , he did a "gentle" burnout and well because we were running "sans" limiter. I also about fainted when I looked at our shift points from my 10.59 pass.....they were conservitive to say the least. If I hadnt remebered setting them at that Ida swore someone screwed with it....but Im looking for at least at least another 10th there.

I had HOPED to get it back and diagnosed by Sunday for T&T, that was why I bolted, but well problem wasnt discovered until today and quite by accident.

Ill post a pic......youll all get a kick out of it. Apparently Ive discovered a new location for LOCKTITE.....

This one is a head scratcher, Ive never had a wrench on it, and well we dont know who has....it may have always been like this.
Chris "Drooze" Wertman 3132 (F/SA 2009 Challenger Drag Pak #24 with a best of 10.59)
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote