HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-17-2010, 09:45 AM   #1
Larry Fulton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default FEATHERLITE Trailer Pricing and Experience

We are looking to purchase a New Featherlite Enclosed Trailer (20' to 24' box) and would appreciate your help on pricing and your opinions of quality and experience of use with this brand.

**I've found a few NEW left over 2008's with orig. msrp in the $16,000 - $17,000 range...

Are there any Factory Incentives available to the dealer or purchaser on these hold overs?

And what is the best discount / price I should expect with this brand?

Thank You!
Old 07-17-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 674 Times in 122 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Thumbs up Re: FEATHERLITE Trailer Pricing and Experience

Larry, I can only give you my experience. I bought a 24' Featherlite low roof aerodine front version in March of '04. The very next week I towed to the Cajun SportsNats in LA. and have never looked back since! It is the finest trailer I have ever owned and I've had a few! The other aluminum trailers can not compare as far as quality. I got the 5200 lb. axles and 16' wheels, also the extruded aluminum floors. If I remember correctly, I paid about $13 grand. The quality is top notch! Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
Wayne Kerr

Liked 26 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: FEATHERLITE Trailer Pricing and Experience

Hey Larry,
We have 2 Featherlights and 2 T&E's at my work, they are used frequently, much more than any race schedule. We have experienced cracking in the upper corners of the rear door area on both Featherlights. My suggestion would be to call Todd or Earl at T&E, they have been competitive with Featherlight pricing in the past.

See you at the races,
Wayne Kerr
Wayne Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #4
BlueOval Ralph
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: FEATHERLITE Trailer Pricing and Experience

Wayne is right on about Earl and Todd I have bought over 10 units of his and 3 Featherlites in the last 20 yearls by Far the best unints have been T&E 's. The Featherlites had the tounge come close to faliing off, when they welded the tounge on it created a stress riser along the weld and cracked frame rails, they did repair them even come and got them hauled them back to Iowa repaired them anf returned them to Michigian, no charge but still a pain. Earl and Todd are first class to deal with they are racers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Kerr View Post
Hey Larry,
We have 2 Featherlights and 2 T&E's at my work, they are used frequently, much more than any race schedule. We have experienced cracking in the upper corners of the rear door area on both Featherlights. My suggestion would be to call Todd or Earl at T&E, they have been competitive with Featherlight pricing in the past.

See you at the races,
Wayne Kerr
BlueOval Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote