HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #11
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Proposed idea for the IHRA Stock GT class....just an idea to make it more interes

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny waters sr View Post
I agree. Got some classes now that need to be deleted. Y'all killin me now. lol.
Yep......If it wasnt for guys like you and Hank IHRA would really be lost. Hang in there Danny.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:01 PM   #12
ALMACK
VIP Member

Liked 324 Times in 116 Posts
Default Re: Proposed idea for the IHRA Stock GT class....just an idea to make it more interes

Everyone made good points. Thanks for the input.

Of course the whole idea I presented will never happen.

I personally like the body styles of the 1980 and later cars, (and they are cheap to buy) but I am a carb and automatic guy so anything after 1985, well I am s.o.l.....LOL

My guess is things will stay the same as they are now....oh well.
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #13
Jim Woods

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Proposed idea for the IHRA Stock GT class....just an idea to make it more interes

I would like any year body with 79 and older motor, any corporate combo
Old 07-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #14
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ribeiro View Post
Don't you guys think they have enough classes Now ??? .... I agree with Terry on this one ....
Perhaps they do have too many classes (although I think it was overkill when NHRA dropped the fwd class count from 16 to 4, and then just boosted it back to 5), but I know you V8 rwd guys/gals don't care about us fwd racers (have you ever???), so that's why that statement was made (kind of reminds me about a certain political party who doesn't seem to care about "MADE IN THE USA", by allowing our liveable wage manufacturing jobs to go overseas!!! However, since they bent the rules over the years (from the 70's), to allow 2steps, wheelie bars (amongst other things), they could at least allow an option of converting a fuel injection system to a carbureted system (as long as the year, type, and engine said fuel system was in production would be known, so as to know it wasn't an aftermarket hop-up). I don't mind the class structure as it is (and I was ok with doing away with the fwd classes too, since my car could run V/SA), but it would be an optional improvement for fwd fuelie cars the same as wheelie bars are to you wheelstanding stockers...my .02 (doubled).
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:25 PM   #15
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Cool Re: Proposed idea for the IHRA Stock GT class....just an idea to make it more interes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarysZ24 View Post
Perhaps they do have too many classes (although I think it was overkill when NHRA dropped the fwd class count from 16 to 4, and then just boosted it back to 5), but I know you V8 rwd guys/gals don't care about us fwd racers (have you ever???), so that's why that statement was made (kind of reminds me about a certain political party who doesn't seem to care about "MADE IN THE USA", by allowing our liveable wage manufacturing jobs to go overseas!!! However, since they bent the rules over the years (from the 70's), to allow 2steps, wheelie bars (amongst other things), they could at least allow an option of converting a fuel injection system to a carbureted system (as long as the year, type, and engine said fuel system was in production would be known, so as to know it wasn't an aftermarket hop-up). I don't mind the class structure as it is (and I was ok with doing away with the fwd classes too, since my car could run V/SA), but it would be an optional improvement for fwd fuelie cars the same as wheelie bars are to you wheelstanding stockers...my .02 (doubled).
Gary.....I think the problem of teching the deal you are talking about would be overwhelming to IHRA. As far as I know the IHRA has but 2 (TWO) tech guys who really give a poop and know about stock and S/S (unless someone new has come on board in the last few months) and they are usually drafted to do all sorts of jobs during an event. It a "Man power" problem and its tough to keep up with what they have going on now. I left about 9-10 years ago and Duane Eiskant (a very good tech guy who loves stockers) left a couple of years ago (they screwed him to) so thats about it. Jim Woods works for them also and ran the Stock and Super Stock circuit in Florida but he dosent work that often with IHRA. It would take a full time tech guy to set it up and keeps tabs. There are a couple who claim to care but they really dont know (Im not knocking those guys) as they are just to young to have "been there and done that" so I dont see much changing in the near future as long as the current "Administration" is in charge.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 07-30-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:18 PM   #16
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
Gary.....I think the problem of teching the deal you are talking about would be overwhelming to IHRA. As far as I know the IHRA has but 2 (TWO) tech guys who really give a poop and know about stock and S/S (unless someone new has come on board in the last few months) and they are usually drafted to do all sorts of jobs during an event. It a "Man power" problem and its tough to keep up with what they have going on now. I left about 9-10 years ago and Duane Eiskant (a very good tech guy who loves stockers) left a couple of years ago (they screwed him to) so thats about it. Jim Woods works for them also and ran the Stock and Super Stock circuit in Florida but he dosent work that often with IHRA. It would take a full time tech guy to set it up and keeps tabs. There are a couple who claim to care but they really dont know (Im not knocking those guys) as they are just to young to have "been there and done that" so I dont see much changing in the near future as long as the current "Administration" is in charge.
I'm sorry to hear that about the IHRA's tech "Man Power" woes, but I was mainly thinking about NHRA, since they're the ones who did all of the stuff I spoke of (in recent years/decades). I'm glad to know that in IHRA my Cavalier would fit into the EF/SA class, and I'd still have an index of 15.90. Furthermore, since the seemingly wet dream of the AHRA returning has (so far) proven to be "ALL WET", I'm glad to know that IHRA is expanding into the western states (they have Rocky Mountain Raceway, after getting San Antonio and Amarillo, Tx., and a track somewhere in Wa. state), because now we western racers will have a chance to enjoy some of what the rest of you (that are geographically fortunate), have partaken of for years (without needing to be a touring pro to do so). I digress to say that I don't forsee NHRA changing anything where my ideas are concerned either, because there's so few of us fwd'ers (not to mention fuel injected racers that is), out there.....oh well, it's just a matter of time (seat time included), until I make the hand I've been dealt work...the dough is coming in, and although this season's not over just yet, 2011 is starting to look like it (financially) will be even better than '06, '07, & '08 were...those years were very good for the "Shark Bait" entry!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #17
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Proposed idea for the IHRA Stock GT class....just an idea to make it more interes

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
Yep......If it wasnt for guys like you and Hank IHRA would really be lost. Hang in there Danny.
Don't forget about Jim Woods too. I sure am glad he came back to work with us.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:32 PM   #18
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Smile Re: Proposed idea for the IHRA Stock GT class....just an idea to make it more interes

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny waters sr View Post
Don't forget about Jim Woods too. I sure am glad he came back to work with us.
I didnt forget him Danny...I just didnt think he worked a lot of races? I mentioned him in another post. It takes a class racer to be a good class legal tech guy. Keep up the good work.